The theoretical part of the course is exactly the same as the one imparted in an in-class training. In other words, it covers the totality of the content of a certificate course. Only the format changes.
Basic Preparatory Course
WHAT IS THE BASIC PREPARATORY COURSE?
The KNX Association has foreseen in its statutes the online course modality (rather, semi-face-to-face), which basically consists of::
- 1. The substitution of theoretical and face-to-face classes through online tools.
- 2. The preparation of the student to carry out the so-called KNX Condensed practical Basic course.This course is optional and includes practical classes and an official face-to-face exam in just 15 hours*. If you wish, you can take this course at Futurasmus Zentrum or at any other KNX certified training center.
* Until further notice, the total duration of this course is 8 hours.
KNXA OFFICIAL PROGRAM
Complete and updated! includes RF and Secure!
Log in with your regular Futurasmus name/password (or else register completely free of charge) and access the multimedia materials offered by Futurasmus Zentrum
EXCLUSIVE MULTIMEDIA MATERIAL
Only in Futurasmus!
PRACTICE AND EXAM
The free-access video tutorials include the detailed description of the practical exercises included in the official KNX Partner course. Very recommendable to learn and practice at home, the office or your training centre.
Nevertheless, if you wish to take the KNX Partner exam and obtain the certificate, according to the KNX regulation, you still need to attend to a 9-hour practical exercise and the 3-hour exam in a certified Training Centre.
OTHER OPTIONS - PAID
The online video tutorials (theory and practice):
- - Watch the videos at your pace (no time limit), whenever you wish and from any device.
- - You can download the documentation and flow charts to read, save into your Pc or print them.
- - Check your understanding of each lesson by completing the self-asessment test!.
Duration: 8 Hours*
8 Hours videos + reading the official documentation + flow charts.
* Currently (and until further notice) the KNXA allows the completion of this course in only 8 hours as an anti-Covid protection measure.
On line practical exercises with Simulator:
- - Over 75 steps that will guide you through all the content of the practical exercises of the Basic Course. Together with the ETS Demo, students can reproduce the presential practical classes and use the Simulator to check their KNX System in the “Futurasmus Loft”.
- - This exercises do NOT replace the in-class practical exercises + exam (12 hours) that you need to take in a KNX certified training centre if you wish to obtain your KNX Partner certificate.
Duration: Approx 10 Hours*
Support and resolution of doubts:
- - Pupils can submit their questions and enquiries via the public blog associated to each chapter.
In-class practical exercises, review of the theory, preparation for the exam and official exam in our KNX++ Training Centre
- - The 14-hour training courses will be held once a month (no subject to a minimum number of participants) so that you can find the date that best suits you.
2 hour theory review
9 hour practical exercise
3 hour exam (theory and practice)
Training Kit for you to practice at home, the office or training centre, whole following the free video tutorials:
This is a completely optional offer and it can not, in any case, be substitutive of the 9-hour practical exercise that you must do in a certified Training Centre if you would like to take the certified exam.
It is a set of the devices that you need to follow the practical exercises (and that you can, of course, use in any real KNX system afterwards):
- 1 KNX Power Supply, 160 mA
- 1 KNX Power Supply, 640 mA, with auxiliary output
- 1 Multifunction actuator, 6 outputs 10A / 6 analogue binary inputs
- 1 KNX Universal Dimming Actuator
- 1 KNX-USB Programmer
- 1 Line Coupler
- 1 8-fold KNX push-button
On top of that, Futurasmus gives you everything you need to create your own working station for the practical exercise:
- 1 Electrical board to install your DIN-rail devices
- 1 LCD screen to simulate the operation of shutters and ON/OFF lights
- Bus cable
- Bus Connectors
- - In-class practical exercise and exam + Training kit.
Duration: Approx. 14 hours*
Please, send your enquiries or else your inscription request for the in-class practical exercise + exam, or your Training kit order to firstname.lastname@example.org.